As expected, Verizon today rolled out a refreshed set of rate plans and new features for those plans.
The new Verizon Plan offers increased data compared to the previous plans, but at increased prices. Here’s how the new rate plans break down:
- S: 2GB/$35 (was 1GB/$30)
- M: 4GB/$50 (was 3GB/$45)
- L: 8GB/$70 (was 6GB/$60)
- XL: 16GB/$90 (was 12GB/$80)
- XXL: 24GB/$110 (was 18GB/$100)
As with the previous Verizon Plan, these new rate plans include unlimited talk and text. These plans require a $20 per month access fee for each smartphone on the plan. You can also attach a tablet or mobile hotspot to the plan for $10 per month or a connected device (like a smartwatch) for $5 per month.
In addition to its refreshed Verizon Plan, Verizon is rolling out some new features that can be used with its plans:
- Carryover Data will let you roll your unused data from one month into the next, similar to AT&T’s Rollover Data feature. Do note that you can only carry data over for one month, so if you don’t use all of last month’s Carryover Data, it’ll expire. Carryover Data is included in all of Verizon’s new plans.
- Safety Mode will give you throttled data after you use up your monthly allotment of high-speed data, letting you stay connected even if you use up your monthly data. This Safety Mode data will be significantly slower than your high-speed data, though, topping out at speeds of 128kbps. Safety Mode is included in Verizon’s XL and XXL plans, and can be added to the S, M, and L plans for $5 per month.
- Data Boost gets you more data after you use up your monthly allotment of high-speed data. Pricing is set at $15 for one gigabyte of high-speed data.
- Mexico and Canada are now included with your regular rate plan, meaning that when you visit either country, you’ll get unlimited talk and text and access to your regular data plan. This feature is included with XL and XXL plans and can be added to S, M, and L plans for $5 per month.
Finally, Verizon is rolling out a new My Verizon app to go with its new plans. This updated app includes features like The Feed, which shows you a social media-like feed with your data, account, and billing info. There’s also a Data Hub that’ll show you your data usage and in-app customer support.
The new Verizon Plan, its new features, and the updated My Verizon app will be available starting July 7.