U.S. Cellular's upcoming smartphone releases for the remainder of 2011 have been teased on more than one occasion, but recently the entire lineup was revealed for all to see in a leaked roadmap. So what kind of products can U.S. Cellular customers expect from their carrier of choice in the remaining months of 2011? Here's how it breaks down:
- Motorola Electrify: Basically U.S. Cellular's version of the Photon 4G, it features a 4.3-inch screen, dual-core processor, global roaming capabilities, and a release currently slated for sometime in October.
- LG855: This is LG's Optimus Black, which sports a super-bright 4-inch "Nova" display, single-core 1GHz CPU, and Android 2.3. Expect it in September.
- HTC Desire II: Also known as the Desire S overseas, the Desire II packs a 4-inch screen, 1.2GHz core, Sense 3.0, and Gingerbread. Coming in October.
- HTC Wildfire S: This one's known as the Wildfire S the world over. It features a 3.2-inch screen, 600MHz processor, dark gray or purple color schemes, and an October launch.
- HTC Flyer: You know this one by now. Packing a 7-inch display, 1.5GHz processor, and 3G and WiFi connectivity. Coming in August.
- Huawei Ascend II: Successor to the Ascend, which appeared on Cricket and MetroPCS. The Ascend II packs a 3.5-inch screen, 800MHz processor, 5-megapixel camera, and Android 2.3. Currently slated for launch in November.
- BlackBerry Curve 9350: The next gen Curve, has been referred to as the Apollo in the past. Landing in October.
- BlackBerry Torch 9850: This one's been known to go by the name Monaco. RIM's full-touch handset that doesn't like to be called "Storm 3." Coming to USCC in August.
There you have it. Pretty impressive, no? We're still waiting to find out what Samsung's entry-level Android device for U.S. Cellular would be, but if I had to guess after looking at this leaked roadmap, I'm guessing it'll be the Samsung Repp since that one's lumped in with all the other smartphones. So, U.S. Cellular customers, which of the above telephones will be calling your pocket home before the year is up?
Via Android Central